Greenhouse Gas Technology Centre (GGTC)
The Greenhouse Gas Technology Centre (GGTC) is the home of CETRI at the U of R. Providing over 12,000 sq. feet of research and laboratory space and 2,500 sq. feet of office space, CETRI researchers conduct their work in the GGTC’s state-of-the-art facilities.
The GGTC facilities include a full catalyst synthesis, characterization, and testing laboratory, small-scale catalytic reactors (with H2S and SO2 testing capabilities), specialty solvent synthesis and testing laboratory, and pilot scale catalyst aided carbon capture rigs.
Vision, Mission & Values
CETRI will be a proven and trusted partner in Canada’s successful navigation to a sustainable clean-energy future, recognized for our high-impact research and work, for our ability to implement real-world solutions, and for the insights and training we provide.
To develop innovative, reliable, and cost-competitive clean energy solutions needed to enable our transition to a safe, prolific, and sustainable world.
We will achieve this through:
- Engaging in impactful research executed by excellent researchers and supported by external partners.
- Educating and advancing knowledge in the area of clean energy.
- Providing high-quality and accessible clean energy research.
- Offering a diverse, inclusive, and equal opportunity research environment for researchers and staff.
- Enabling entrepreneurship in research.
- Involvement in community service through research.
- We are tenacious and patient investigators of challenging research questions, capable of turning our answers into real-world solutions.
- We continually demonstrate our ability to serve based on trust, transparency, integrity, and professionalism.
- We demonstrate and admire the value of mentorship, education, and the dissemination of knowledge.
- We are committed to Equity, Diversity & Inclusion, and thrive most when we demonstrate this commitment throughout every part of our work.
- We are people first – neighbours, colleagues, and community members – and actively advance our mutual safety, well-being, and dignity.