US and International Patents
- “Process and Compounds for Removing Carbon Dioxide from Gas Mixtures”, (with nine other researchers), International Patent Application PCT/CA2007/001435 filed 08/23/2007
- “Process Integration – Method for Capturing CO2 from Gas Stream” (Idem, R; Tontiwachwuthikul, P; Gelowitz, D) US Provisional Patent Application 60/940,529
- “Chemical Additives To Inhibit Oxygen And Sulfur Dioxide Induced Degradation Of Amine Solvents During CO2 Capture From Flue Gas Streams”, (with four other researchers), US Provisional Patent Application filed 05/29/2007
- “Method for inhibiting amine degradation during CO2 capture from a gas stream”, USA Patent: US 8,105,420 B2 (Jan 31, 2012); Idem, T. Supap, P. Tontiwachwuthikul, C. Saiwan, P. Pitipuech.
- “Method and absorbent composition for recovering a gaseous component from a gas stream”, USA Patent: US 8,388,737 B2 (March 5, 2013); D. Gelowitz, P. Tontiwachwuthikul, R. Idem.
- “Catalytic method and apparatus for separating a gaseous component from an incoming gas stream”, USA Patent: US 20,130,108,532 A1 (May 2, 2013); R. Idem, H. Shi, D. Gelowitz, P. Tontiwachwuthikul.
- “Corrosion inhibitors and their use for separating an acid gas from a gaseous mixture”, USA Patent: US 20,110,300,044 A1 (Dec 8, 2011); P. Tontiwachwuthikul, R. Idem, N. Kladkaew, C. Saiwan.
- “Reactive extraction process for regeneration of amine-based solvents used for carbon dioxide capture”, USA Patent: US 20,140,094,360 A1 (April 3, 2014) C. Saiwan, P. Akkarachalanont, T. Supap, R. Idem, P. Tontiwachwuthikul.
- “Carbon dioxide removal from combustion gases by scrubbing with 4-amino-2-butanol and derivatives as liquid-phase absorbent”, USA Patent: US 7,910,078 B2 (Mar 22, 2011); P. Tontiwachwuthikul, A.G.H. Wee, R. Idem, K. Maneeintr, G-J. Fan, A. Veawab, A. Henni, A. Aroonwilas, A. Chakma.
- “Use of tris(2-aminoethyl)amine as carbon dioxide absorbent” WO 2,014,040,473 A1 (Mar 20, 2014); Liang, H. Liu, Y. Na, P. Tontiwachwuthikul.
CO2 Utilization and Production of Hydrogen & Syngas
- “Sulfur tolerant catalysts for hydrogen production by carbon dioxide reforming of methane-rich gas”, USA Patent: US 20,140,134,101 A1 (May 15, 2014); R. Idem, A.H. Mohammed, B. Saha.
- “Catalysts for hydrogen production”, USA Patent: US 7,824,656 B2 (Nov 2, 2010); R. Idem, P. Kumar, Y. Sun.
- “Catalysis for Feedstock-Flexible and Process-Flexible Hydrogen”, USA Patent: US 20,130,058,861 A1; (March 7, 2013); Idem, A.K. Mohammed, H. Ibrahim, P. Tontiwachwuthikul, T. Sukonket, M.F.A. Khan, P. Sengupta, M.A. Zahid, B. Saha.